We’ve been praying for each student, planning out details, and are excited to experience this event together! We hope you will join us, as well as encourage your district teens to get excited about sharing their God-given gifts and talents for His glory. BLAST is a 2-Day Event, held on Friday evening and Saturday all day, March 20-21, 2020, in the Falcon Center at Fairmont State University.
Friday, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Registration.
Friday 5:30 p.m. – Mandatory coach’s meeting. Friday 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Worship.
Friday 7:30 – 11:00 p.m. – Competition
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Competition Saturday 5:00 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
Lunch for Participants will be Provided by Chick-fIl-a
• • • • • •
Register: Download and complete the following forms. Forms will be available on WVNNYI.ORG
Registration Form (All teens and adults, participating or not)
Medical Release Form (All teens and adults, participating or not)
Group Registration Form (Teams, Choirs, Groups, etc)
Church Registration Form (One form per Church)
Make payments, with one check, payable to “WVN NYI.”
ALL Participants and sponsors must be entered on line at https://blast.mvnu.edu/
(Please contact George Boyle for questions on online registration)
- Participants:$40:00. Thisincludesthecompetitionfee,awards, &Saturday’slunch.
- Spectators are FREE this year, but LUNCH is on your OWN! Only Participants will get Lunch. Deadline:
Mail ALL COMPLETED FORMS and FEES to:
c/o Melody Torralba
52 Harner Run Road, Morgantown, WV 26508
All completed forms & fees, must be received by March 1st. Since we are working with FSU, no exceptions can be
made after this deadline.
Food, lodging, hospitality & personal care:
Eachchurchshouldbringtheirownsnacks,water,sportsdrinks, andpersonalcareitemsneededfortheirgroup. FairmontFirst Church &FairmontCentralChurch have graciouslyopenedtheirfacilitiesforovernightlodging,inordertohelpwithexpenses. There are also hotels in the area that you can take advantage of for low prices. To get info/make arrangement for lodging, please contact Pastor ScottKingat304-207-3507orPastorCraigMooreat681-443-0062. Lockerroomsandshowersareavailabletoallparticipants at the Falcon center.
RULES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
• The BLAST Handbook is accessible at www.mvnu.edu/BLAST
- If a student in your church would like to participate on a team sport but does not have enough people to compete, please indicate this on your registration form and you will be placed on a team (volleyball, basketball, soccer).
- Please bring ALL sports and protective gear needed for your event, along with team shirts, if applicable.
- Locker rooms and showers are available for our use at the Falcon Center.
We will work together to keep the Locker Rooms clean and orderly, so please have your teens be responsible for their
- Students can participate in as many Christian Communication events as they want at District BLAST. If they qualify for more than 3 Christian Communication events for FIELD BLAST (MVNU), they will have to decide at District BLAST which categories they will participate in at FIELD BLAST, so we may notify the next placed person and give them an opportunity go to FIELD BLAST.
- All Arts & Crafts participants must be present at District BLAST.
- If you have an Instrumental or Vocal solo, duet, or ensemble requiring piano accompaniment please let us know on the registration form so we can prepare.
- If you are playing a piano solo, you must contact Melody Torralba at 805-588-5384. Piano solos will on Friday evening at a different nearby location.
- REMEMBER: BLAST is for EVERYONE! Don’t forge the VARIETY event this year! OPEN FIELD EVENTS (Events your teens may participate in at FIELD BLAST without qualifying at the District level.) • 5Krun • Archery
• Sign Language • Tennis
We look forward to experiencing God’s greatness with you all in this event!
If you have any questions or need help, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Sports questions: Jim Davis – 304-365-3113 – email@example.com
- Talent questions: Melody Torralba – 805-588-5384 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Blast questions: George Boyle – 304-288-7588 – email@example.com